Soulforce Leadership is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization.
Soulforce Leadership develops the hearts and minds of youth and community leaders in the pursuit of creating a beloved community driven by compassion, love, equity and justice for all of its residents.
- Meditate & reflect on who you are--your feelings, thoughts, core values & your life purpose.
- Be an example of the kind of change you want to see in the world.
- Listen to other people’s feelings & values without interruption, judgement, or wanting to fix or save them. Hold empathy for others.
Identify & ACT ON the Injustice
- Notice conflict, violence, or oppression in yourself, relationships with others, in systems, and in society across dimensions of difference & power (e.g. race, gender, class, positional authority, etc).
- Strengthen relationships & create systemic change that promotes forgiveness, reconciliation, mutual understanding & friendship toward common goals & a vision for the future.
We define soulforce as the capacity to channel your own inherent wisdom, creativity, & passion and work with others different than you to create lasting social impact. We draw inspiration from Mahatma Gandhi who coined the term "Soulforce." Soulforce is knowing what matters to you and who you are and aligning that internal power to a social mission larger than you.
We are proud to be apart of the Harvard University Network for Adaptive Leadership & Pecemaking. As part of this work, we are connected to a global movement of building local peace-makers and change leaders. As the United Nations recently stated, impacting how youth see the world will be the most important response to peace in the world to counter the alarming trend of tribalism and extremism going on in the world. Instead of separating further from ourselves and each other and the earth, it is time to learn how to work together toward real change.