Soulforce Leadership is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization.
Soulforce Leadership is an incubator for youth & community leaders to take take action on local issues in pursuit of the beloved community. The beloved community is a sustainable community that is based on compassion, love, equity and justice for all beings.
Our long-term vision is an interconnected web of leaders connected to their own soulforce who are able to work across space, time, gender, racial, economic and any other lines of difference to create a sustainable future for all beings.
- Meditate, explore & reflect on who and what you are - your feelings, your conscious and unconscious thoughts, your joys and sorrows, your core values & your life purpose.
- Pratice how you can be the change you want to see in the world with self-love and patience.
- Listen to other people’s feelings & values without interruption, judgement, or wanting to fix or save them. Hold empathy for yourself & others.
- Notice conflict, violence, or oppression in yourself, relationships with others, in systems, and in society across dimensions of difference & power (e.g. race, gender, class, positional authority, etc).
- Name this injustice. Speaking up is a powerful way of not being compliant.
- Do not react with more violence or hatred. "Darkness doesn't not drive out darkness; only light does can." - MLK Jr.
- Engage in mini acts of love throughout your life. It begins with small acts and our lives are our message.
- Forge new relationships and reconcile and strengthen existing ones.
- Address systemic change by engaging in more sustained acts of love over time. The moral arc of the universe is long and so engage in meaningful acts both in space and time.
We define soulforce as the capacity to channel your own inherent wisdom, creativity, & passion and work with others different than you to create lasting social impact. We draw inspiration from Mahatma Gandhi who coined the term "Soulforce." Soulforce is knowing what matters to you and who you are and aligning that internal power to a social mission larger than you.
We are proud to be apart of the Harvard University Network for Adaptive Leadership & Pecemaking. As part of this work, we are connected to a global movement of building local peace-makers and change leaders. As the United Nations recently stated, impacting how youth see the world will be the most important response to peace in the world to counter the alarming trend of tribalism and extremism going on in the world. Instead of separating further from ourselves and each other and the earth, it is time to learn how to work together toward real change.